2021-2022 Service to Veterans and Others
- Provided first month’s rent deposit and repaired badly damaged truck to provide housing and transportation to a single, female, disabled veteran and her autistic daughter.
- Provided funds to support six disabled veterans and their families (24 people total) to avoid homelessness and loss of utilities
- Purchased a service dog for veteran with PTSD undergoing treatment in Veterans Treatment Court
- Purchased and placed wreaths on graves of all Chapter members buried in Southern Nevada veterans Cemetery as part of Wreaths Across America.
- Our Sr. Vice Commander provided over 10 suicides talk and discussions to veteran groups.
- Our Sr. Vice Commander participated in Veterans Outdoor Therapy Groups to help veterans with transition after service.
- Supported Blue Star Mothers Christmas stockings for deployed troops. Helped prepare packages and donated money for postage.
- Supported USMC golf tournament by sponsoring a hole and three golfers. Proceeds support summer camp for young group: Devil Pups
- Provided $500.00 for the purchase of items from the wish list for residents of Southern Nevada Veterans Home.
- Sr. Vice Commander provided guidance, resources, and support to over 100 veterans in the Las Vegas Valley.
- Sr. Vice Commander conducted and participated in numerous veteran Podcasts to educate and bring awareness to veteran issues in the community.
- Donated $800 to Meals on Wheels at the Henderson Heritage Park Senior Center.
- Supported Chapter funded service office; advocates helping veterans.
- Replaced US and Purple Heart flags at Henderson Purple Heart Plaza.
- We donated $1,500 to Michael’s Angles Paws to train a service dog for a veteran with severe PTSD.
- Our Sr. Vice Commander obtained his PHD in Psychology and has written a book and now host a Blog called “Veterans Doctor”.
- Our Veterans Service Office, who are all volunteers donated 6,584 hours and helped 2,255 veterans or family members filing claims, obtain records, obtaining awards, and reviewing VA documents the veterans received.
- Several of our Officers volunteer their time at the Henderson Veterans Facility, Stephanie and Warm Springs and serve as Mentors on in the Veterans Treatment Court with Judge Stevens.
- We donate and support nine local ROTC and JROTC Programs, with awards of the Purple Heart Medal and Certificate.
- Chapter Commander Dan Peterson is the Chairman of the Nevada Veterans Assistance League, Inc. (NVAL) the Non-profit arm of the Boulder City Veterans Home.
Thanks for your support!
MOPH Chapter 730
For Henderson & Boulder City, NV