Your generous donations help us to support our mission and programs like the ones we carried out in 2017 listed below:
- We donated to Thank A Vet to keep a veteran and his family from being homeless:
- $900.00 to a Veteran who needed rent money. Veterans are vetted by Thank a Vet and money went to the landlord.
- We donated $1,700 to help two veterans with the rent that prevented eviction.
- We donated $1,500 for a Service Dog for a Veteran with severe PTSD which allowed him to rejoin society.
- We donate, three times a year, to the Veterans Home in Boulder City, NV. Donations support their programs and needs of the Veterans. We also host an annual Pizza Party. $600.00.
- We have helped over 900 veterans from all conflicts, including those who did not receive the Purple Heart, with filing VA Claims, obtaining medical records, or other service records by supporting our four Veteran Advocates who help Veterans, Spouses, or family members
- We supported “Wreaths across America” by placing Wreaths on our fallen veterans who are buried at the Veterans Cemetery in Boulder City, NV.
- Several of our Chapter Members volunteer their time to work at the Henderson Veterans Center in Henderson, NV
- We donate, several times a year, to the Henderson Veterans Facility, Stephanie and Warm Springs, by providing water, coffee, and snacks for their weekly meetings
- We have a member who is a Mentor in the Veterans Treatment Court in Henderson, NV.
- We donated $200.00 to the USO Las Vegas at McCarran International Airport, supporting Veterans in transition. We also have several veterans who donate their time supporting the USO.
- Commander Dan Peterson is a member of the Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery Volunteer Group.
- The Chapter Service Officer is a member of the Advisory Council for the Student Veterans Association, Nevada State College, Henderson, NV.
- We hosted Boulder City to become a Purple Heart City, Pahrump to become a Purple Heart Town, and Nye County to become a Purple Heart County, both Pahrump and Nye are the first in the State of Nevada.
- We donated, twice a year (May and October), to the Henderson Heritage Park Senior Facility used by Veterans and in support of their Meals on Wheels. $800.00.
- We donated $300.00 to Blue Star Mothers in support of their annual stocking stuffer program, sending care packages to deployed Veterans.
- We donated to help the Black Mountain USMC in support of their annual 5k run.
- Chapter won the competition for the best monthly newsletter for small chapters.
- Richard Keirn was selected as Patriot of the Year for Chapter 730, Department of Nevada, and Region VI, was nominated for National but lost to another patriot. This was in recognition of him establishing a “Survivors Handbook” to assist spouses of veterans claim rightful benefits.
- Commander Dan Peterson, Chapter Judge Advocate Dallas Croft and Chapter Chaplain Raymond Warren were selected as Nevada Veteran of the Month at various times throughout the year.
- We donate and support nine local ROTC and JROTC Programs., with awarding of the Purple Heart Medal and Certificate and their annual awards ceremony, May each year. We donate money to the Basic High School JROTC program.
- We also support our Chapter Veteran brother and sisters who need help.
- We attended UNLV Western Conference Rodeo for their “Purple Heart Recognition” ceremony.
- We hosted several flag folding events at local schools, going over what each fold signifies and received a booklet of the US Flag.
“Loyalty and reverence to God and service to others.”
Thanks for your support!
MOPH Chapter 730
For Henderson & Boulder City, NV